06 August 2012

Using a smartphone as your ONLY reporting tool

Multimedia journalist Matt Augstine also offers a step-by-step look at what he does when he arrives on a breaking news scene.
  1. Pull out my phone and snap a few pictures.  I’ll then touch them up a bit real quick in one of my photo editing apps before I tweet and post to Facebook, letting the audience know that I JUST got on scene and telling them what I’m seeing so far.
  2. I’ll start looking for folks to interview and video/NAT sound opportunities, which I generally keep between 30 and 60 seconds and usually voice over with a bit of background info.
  3. I’ll continue to tweet and Facebook updates as often as possible and when new information breaks.  I generally try to include photos with my posts and tweets to add even more context.

No comments:

Post a Comment